Any client using the Wimberley Crisis Bread Basket services agrees to the following policies and procedures…
WIMBERLEY CRISIS BREAD BASKET
Rules and Procedures for Food Distributions
Distribution Days and Times:
Tuesday 5:30 PM – 6:45 PM
Thursday 2:30 PM – 3:45 PM
We look forward to providing food to you and getting to know you. Every client using the Wimberley Crisis Bread Basket services will abide by the following rules and procedures for their household.
Everyone signed in by closing time will receive food. Please help all of us by following these rules and procedures.
- You must live in the Wimberley area or your children must attend school in the Wimberley area (Wimberley School District).
- The Wimberley Crisis Bread Basket pantry is totally drug and alcohol free out of respect for our clients and volunteers. If a client comes to the pantry under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they will be asked to leave and not be given food.
- No smoking is allowed on the pantry porch or walkway.
- Each household may pick up food one (1) time each week.
- Plan to pick up your own food. In order to pick up food for someone else, permission must be requested ahead of time and special arrangements made with our volunteers.
Registration and Food Distribution Process:
If you have not been to the food pantry recently or are a new client, a volunteer will meet with you to confirm your eligibility and enter your information into our computer system. Once your information has been entered, it will be easy to receive food at future food distributions.
- Please give your first and last name and the number of adults and number of children in your household to the volunteer greeter or write the information on the sign in list each time you visit.
- A volunteer greeter will assist each existing or new client (in the order that they have signed in) to submit their food distribution order.
- We may need to substitute for items that you have requested and will try for similar items. What we provide may vary due to donations and occasional food availability.
- Some food items including fresh produce, eggs, and some meats are donated by members of the Wimberley community. Although we do our best to ensure good quality, we cannot guarantee the freshness of those items.
- Once your requested food is ready, we will call your name and you can use a cart to take it to your vehicle. If you need help, a volunteer will assist you.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask one of our volunteers.